domingo, 10 de mayo de 2015

Washing clothes - My experience!


This week I tried the three suggested things to wash clothes in a environmental friendly way:

1. Find biodegradable detergent
2. Don't use regular fabric softener or find biodegradable alternative
3. Don't use chlorine

Here the results:

1. I went to the supermarket and look for a biodegradable detergent. For my surprise, comparing with the one I was used to buy, the biodegradable one is a local brand and the cost is not as high. I bought it and have already used it with good results.

2. Also, for my surprise, the biodegradable detergent brand also offers a biodegradable fabric softener. The price is great and the bottle contains more product than the regular one. Good choice!!

3. I never use chlorine, so, nothing new to try here.

4. I washed clothes with cold water all the time and I don't have a dryer machine, I was doing something right already!

Now that I tried using biodegradable products, I only have one concern: how do i get refills instead of buying more plastic bottles? I can recycle them, but it would be nice to just get refills and get rid of so much plastic bottles! I will find out if this is an option!

This is all for now!!

P. (San José, Costa Rica)



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario